Like most people, I am always on the lookout for ways to save a few pounds on my food shopping. I am realising that to get the best deals you need to shop around, and not do your whole weeks shop in the closest supermarket!
Poundland recently got in touch with me to offer the chance to take a look at their Cupboard Essentials, and see whether we could save some money. We were sent a £15 voucher to spend.
Look how much I got!!
Three carrier bags full! I was very surprised by the range of products available. I wouldn’t have thought of Poundland for bread, eggs or sausages, but all were available. I was also surprised that there were offers, like 3 for £1 or 3 for £2 which gave even better value.
So lets have a closer look…
- Mini Cheddars
- Jacobs Cracker Selection
- 3 pack of Heinz Baked Beans
- 2 packs of Cadbury Chocolate Chip Cookies (2 for £1)
- Pack of 3 Ambrosia Chocolate Rice Pudding
- 1.5kg Plain Flour
- 3 tins Harry Ramsden Mushy Peas
- 4 pack Ambrosia Custard pots
- HP Guiness Sauce
- 4 pack Apple and Pear Fruit Shoot
- 10 pack Cadburys Mini Rolls
- Chocolate Chip Harvest Chewy bars
- 500g Napolina dried pasta
- 2 250g Tilda Basmati Rice pouch
- 375g (+50% extra free) Honey Waffles cereal
I’ve just put this shopping basket into www.mysupermarket.co.uk and it gave me a range of prices between £24 and £27 (approximate as not all items were listed like for like). This gives a fantastic saving of at least £9. I’ll certainly be stocking up from Poundland again!
Disclosure: I was sent £15 voucher to spend at Poundland for this post. No other payment was received and all opinions are my own.